There is this great little book called the Pursuit of Excellence and it helps you with goals and desires to become a better person. In finding this, I decided this year my quest is on The Pursuit of Excellence and these are my Challenges I am going to and have been taking on this year! I added them to my ASANA (Project Tracking Tool) and this way I can monitor my success and measure my statistics on how I am doing and have Asana as my own Accountability Coach!
This pamphlet encourages individuals to pursue excellence in their lives by setting goals and working diligently to achieve them. It includes several achievement challenges.
POE: Spiritual Challenges:
- Strengthen your spiritual testimony
- Study Spiritual Work from Spiritual Leaders
- Share Spiritual Quotes via Social Media to uplift and inspire others
- Develop a personal file of teachings, articles, home, family & friend enrichment ideas, quotes, thoughts, anecdotes, and spiritual experiences
- Keep a Personal Journal
- Establish a habit of daily Meditation
- Freely forgive others
- Accept opportunities to speak or teach
- Record memorable spiritual experiences or events in a journal
POE: Intellectual Challenges:
- Pray to know what gifts have been given you, and use one of those gifts to bless others.
- Study the words of leaders about strengthening families, marriages, and homes.Read a book that will increase your faith and strengthen you spiritually.
- Learn about and develop a new skill or interest.
- Improve your ability to communicate with others
- Learn more about Aspergers and Autism
- Improve skills for an occupation.
- Improve your employment opportunities.
- Complete a degree or certificate program
- Learn another language
- Learn to budget wisely and manage personal finances.
- Develop a plan of preparedness for emergencies
- Acquire greater proficiency in an occupational or homemaking skill (such as organizing, using a computer, sewing, mechanical work, cooking, or cleaning).
POE: Physical Challenges:
- Develop healthy eating habits and patterns
- Learn to cook healthy foods.
- Develop a program of regular exercise.
- Work toward healthy sleep patterns.
- Improve emotional and mental health.
- Improve your personal appearance or hygiene.
- Create opportunities to be active with family and friends.
POE: Service Challenges:
- Pray for inspiration about who needs your help each day, and act on your inspiration.
- Welcome or befriend a new person
- Volunteer for or lead a service project in your community.
- Find ways to be a friend and serve someone who is elderly.
- Write encouraging letters to others and send
- Assist someone who needs help with their education.
POE: Character Challenges:
- Overcome a bad habit or addiction
- Improve your ability to manage time wisely.
- Learn to be grateful, and express your appreciation.
- Choose friends and companions who are earnestly seeking to maintain high ideals and standards.
- Cultivate patience and tolerance for others.
- Avoid comparing yourself to others, and learn to recognize when you are doing your best.
- Beware of pride, and seek to be humble and teachable
If you would like to get your own Pursuit of Excellence Book Order here
For some examples click here
You must be logged in to post a comment.